Monday, June 14, 2010

Narrative Essay

When I was fourteen my grandmother died of Alzheimer's disease. When I was a young child she was always there to play pass or spend time with me and my brothers, but as I got older and was able to play sports for my schools she was getting sicker. She loved all sports and watching me and my brothers play them. She would have loved to be able to see Rob's first touchdown, Steve's first home run, or my first goal. All these things she missed because her disease made her someone else. At first she was able to go on daily life, but after a few years she wasn't able to recognize someone without asking who we were first. Although she was stricken with this disease she was always positive and happy. She may have missed us growing up, and I may have missed her being there for me. But I learned from her that life is going to give you a curve ball, and the best thing you can do is wait on it and try and send it back to where it came. And if you miss it keep smiling because life doesn't have just one at bat.

1 comment:

  1. wow tragic and heart breaking at the same time

    ReplyDelete